Must-Have Speed Dial Style Picks This is a list of local experts who can make your day! They have special niches that make them stand out from the crowd, and I personally use them all on a regular basis. Put them on your speed dial and share with your friends. They’ll thank you for it! […]
About Thea Wood
This blog typically addresses challenges that we all have in styling ourselves to look and feel our best in any situation. This week, we’re going to address a topic that many of my male and female clients logically struggle with in shopping for their particular body types: The Myth of Ready-To-Wear. Ready-To-Wear, a.k.a. Pret-A-Porter, is […]
You may have come across “Dan The Office Guy” from Daily Candy. He’s a good looking, young bloke who dispenses advice via short videos in response to dating-fashion-technology questions from a man’s point of view. He recently caught my attention while answering the question “Are Spanx A Turnoff?“ Aside from the fact that […]
For those of us old enough to remember the 1980’s, the words “pant suit” induce a reflexive shudder. The following words described this androgynous get-up: Boxy, Manly, Conservative, Stiff, Predictable, Enveloping. And while powerful women like Hilary Clinton sported a pant suit through the 90’s into the new millennium, fashionistas shied away unless forced to […]
Fashionistas are pouring through all the September fashion mags drinking in the new styles for Fall. With close to 2,000 pages read, my bleeding (but happy!) eyes realized there’s a big problem for Austinites: We have a good two months before the weather settles into a comfortable Fall/Winter wardrobe. Who can wait that long? What […]
The average Austin temperature in August is 96 degrees, according to Weather.com. That’s the hottest month of the year, and September keeps the average at about 90 degrees! While Austin has a reputation for the Slacker lifestyle, there are plenty of successful business-minded citizens who dread summer for one reason: Corporate Attire. Trying to close […]
Before I start with this week’s blog, I’d like to congratulate “Rachel” from our last challenge. She got the job for which we did the Interview Make-Over! Now, on to this week’s challenge… A dear friend is seeing a counselor to help her emotionally come to terms with how difficult dating can be for a […]
The Challenge: Dear friend and client “Rachel” called with an S.O.S. She had four days to prepare for an interview which could land her a big career move. Unfortunately, she hasn’t interviewed in 12 years and doesn’t have a thing to wear for her post-maternity body type. We’re on a budget and tight schedule. Time […]
As Austin’s Personal Stylist, I’m thrilled to launch Austin Style Blog! On a regular basis, this blog will talk about local Austin events, news and tips with regard to fashion and personal image– in particular, for men and women who live in Central Texas. Our culture is eclectic, optimistic and creative. From cowboy boots and […]
Signature Styling Changed My Life
Get The Newsletter
Find articles with keyword:
Thea gently pushes me out of my comfort zone so I experiment with new things that always look fabulous. She is brave and kind when she lets me know what looks best and when I can do better. I have excellent shoes and accessories from her suggestions.http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
Thea has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She reaches you with a seamless blend of professionalism and warmth. Her passion for style is visibly apparent...http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
- Airplane Etiquette for 2017 – Avoid These Party Fouls November 2, 2017
- 2017 Fall Fashion Trends and Style Tips Over-40 Style October 16, 2017
- 2017 Packing Tips For Santa Fe, NM August 21, 2017
- Dillard’s Steps Into the Designer Vintage Handbags Market August 17, 2017
- 2017 Summer Fashion Trends: Black & White Done Right June 20, 2017
- 18 Cool Comfort Shoes & How To Style Them May 26, 2015
- How To Avoid 5 Yoga Pants Fails February 12, 2015
- Why I Decided to Get a Hysterectomy January 4, 2014
- Greece Packing Tips & Lookbooks – Over 40 Style September 26, 2016
- Over-40 Style: How To Wear Off-The-Shoulder Trend May 31, 2016
- Thea Wood: Definitely agree!...
- Christy Greeneisen: Happy to see the straight/ wider leg pant returnin...
- Thea Wood: The stories are truly heart breaking. Rajee thank...
- Donna: I had no idea the back stories are so sad. Thank y...
- jonet wooten: What a fun and inspirational post. Who doesn't w...