You may have come across “Dan The Office Guy” from Daily Candy. He’s a good looking, young bloke who dispenses advice via short videos in response to dating-fashion-technology questions from a man’s point of view. He recently caught my attention while answering the question “Are Spanx A Turnoff?“ Aside from the fact that […]
About Thea Wood
For those of us old enough to remember the 1980’s, the words “pant suit” induce a reflexive shudder. The following words described this androgynous get-up: Boxy, Manly, Conservative, Stiff, Predictable, Enveloping. And while powerful women like Hilary Clinton sported a pant suit through the 90’s into the new millennium, fashionistas shied away unless forced to […]
Fashionistas are pouring through all the September fashion mags drinking in the new styles for Fall. With close to 2,000 pages read, my bleeding (but happy!) eyes realized there’s a big problem for Austinites: We have a good two months before the weather settles into a comfortable Fall/Winter wardrobe. Who can wait that long? What […]
The average Austin temperature in August is 96 degrees, according to Weather.com. That’s the hottest month of the year, and September keeps the average at about 90 degrees! While Austin has a reputation for the Slacker lifestyle, there are plenty of successful business-minded citizens who dread summer for one reason: Corporate Attire. Trying to close […]
Before I start with this week’s blog, I’d like to congratulate “Rachel” from our last challenge. She got the job for which we did the Interview Make-Over! Now, on to this week’s challenge… A dear friend is seeing a counselor to help her emotionally come to terms with how difficult dating can be for a […]
The Challenge: Dear friend and client “Rachel” called with an S.O.S. She had four days to prepare for an interview which could land her a big career move. Unfortunately, she hasn’t interviewed in 12 years and doesn’t have a thing to wear for her post-maternity body type. We’re on a budget and tight schedule. Time […]
As Austin’s Personal Stylist, I’m thrilled to launch Austin Style Blog! On a regular basis, this blog will talk about local Austin events, news and tips with regard to fashion and personal image– in particular, for men and women who live in Central Texas. Our culture is eclectic, optimistic and creative. From cowboy boots and […]
Join thousands of women who
subscribe to Thea’s newsletter
and follow her on social media.
Get The Newsletter
Find articles with keyword:
Thea has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She reaches you with a seamless blend of professionalism and warmth. Her passion for style is visibly apparent...http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
Thea gently pushes me out of my comfort zone so I experiment with new things that always look fabulous. She is brave and kind when she lets me know what looks best and when I can do better. I have excellent shoes and accessories from her suggestions.http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
- How “Spotlighting” Derails Improving Your Personal Image May 21, 2018
- How To Own Your Personal Space (Even If Tony Robbins Comes At You) April 25, 2018
- What is Your Style Profile? – Read This If You Don’t Know April 3, 2018
- 5 Spring 2018 Accessories Trends from Neiman Marcus March 19, 2018
- How to Wear Leopard Print – From Work to Rock Star March 3, 2018
- 10 Affordable Ways to Update Your Style for 2018 January 9, 2018
- Why I Decided to Get a Hysterectomy January 4, 2014
- 18 Cool Comfort Shoes & How To Style Them May 26, 2015
- How To Avoid 5 Yoga Pants Fails February 12, 2015
- Airplane Etiquette 2017 – How To Fly Friendlier Skies November 2, 2017
- Thea Wood: Click the calendar link to see if there are any vi...
- Thea Wood: So glad you like it! Feel free share it with othe...
- Thea Wood: You are on to something! Red is a fantastic power ...
- Thea Wood: You are on the right track!...
- Deanna: Is this still available?...