*** In case you missed it! *** Do you work in a male-dominated workplace? Do you struggle with earning respect without losing your femininity? It’s a serious problem for a lot of women in high technology, law, finance, and other traditionally-male industries. One client came to me with her beautiful, long curly hair in a […]
Many of my clients lament (rightfully so) the style rut that has taken over their wardrobes. It may have started with incorporating a trend that makes you feel skinny, or is easy to find in stores, is popular in your city, or is functional for an active lifestyle– like motherhood. Whatever the reason, you find […]
You attend a conference or read an article or talk to a friend, and you are READY for improving your personal image! But then, you start “spotlighting” (I’ll get to that in a minute) the situation and next thing you know, you never act. Instead, you continue to flutter from one impulse purchase to another. […]
Covering the topic of how to own your personal space became an immediate priority for me after watching the viral video of Tony Robbins using his physical presence, vocal tone, and words to intimate seminar guest Nanine McCool who disagreed with his take on the #MeToo movement. You can see the video here. Tony has already issued […]
What is your Style Profile? Have you thought about your Style Profile? Can you describe it? Do you know what it even is? Your Style Profile is the non-verbal message you send that tells your personal story. I help clients create a look that says “who you are and where you’re going.” That’s another way […]
I’m elated with the accessories trends from Neiman Marcus this year. They are playful yet sophisticated with references from pop culture that are easy to integrate into your office attire or casual weekend wear. Gucci takes a front seat for me this season (which I’ve never said before!) because of their bold details. Even if […]
Sometimes it’s hard to know how to wear leopard print for different occasions. At certain times it seems inappropriate (see my post Sassy vs Trashy: Formula for Success) or is a stretch for your personal style profile. If you love it but aren’t sure how to wear leopard print, here are a few ways to […]
“The Rise of Inconspicuous Consumption & Its Effect On Fashion” is an article I wrote for SheSpark after listening to NPR program “Hidden Brain” hosted by Shankar Vedantam. The show, titled “Never Go To Vegas, and Other Unspoken Rules of Being an A-Lister” was so provocative and in step with what I’m witnessing in fashion’s […]
Looking for affordable ways to update your style in the wake of holiday spending? It can be done, and I’ve put together a list of easy and fun ways to give your style an extra “kick” for the new year. You can also shop this customized Nordstrom catalog to help you make the recommended purchases. […]
Online shopping tips are the best way I know of helping people get over their fear of a) making a poor purchasing decision when you can’t touch/feel the product and b) losing money to a vendor or a hacker. Last year, I completed all of my shopping online in *one day* mainly using SheSpark’s […]
Thea and life mastery coach Stephanie Puente share strategic and effective ways to attracting Mr. Right (or kicking long-term relationship blues) with this online, interactive course.
Get The Newsletter
Find articles with keyword:
Thea gently pushes me out of my comfort zone so I experiment with new things that always look fabulous. She is brave and kind when she lets me know what looks best and when I can do better. I have excellent shoes and accessories from her suggestions.http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
Thea has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She reaches you with a seamless blend of professionalism and warmth. Her passion for style is visibly apparent...http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
- How To Succeed In A Male-Dominated Workplace– w/o Losing Your Femininity August 18, 2018
- Style Swap: Trade In Your Style Rut For These 2018 Euro Street Trends July 23, 2018
- How “Spotlighting” Derails Improving Your Personal Image May 21, 2018
- How To Own Your Personal Space (Even If Tony Robbins Comes At You) April 25, 2018
- What is Your Style Profile? – Read This If You Don’t Know April 3, 2018
- 10 Affordable Ways to Update Your Style for 2018 January 9, 2018
- 18 Cool Comfort Shoes & How To Style Them May 26, 2015
- How To Avoid 5 Yoga Pants Fails February 12, 2015
- Why I Decided to Get a Hysterectomy January 4, 2014
- Airplane Etiquette 2017 – How To Fly Friendlier Skies November 2, 2017
- Thea Wood: Yes, they were! And some sites still call them tha...
- dM: Love this article !! I was always on the “shoul...
- Thea Wood: Not that I'm aware of at this time. Check the li...
- Mary Williams: Can you order online?...
- Thea Wood: 19 best selling books? That's amazing!...