If you had to put a dollar value on achieving a positive self image and all the benefits that come with that confidence, what would that number be? $100? Or maybe $100,000? Below are some staggering statistics on what women are currently spending to look and feel better: $10-$70 per month: Average cost for antidepressants […]
Author, blogger and local high-riser Ruth Pennebaker doesn’t sugarcoat the aging process. In this Austin Woman Magazine interview by Spike Gillespie, she inspires us all to age gracefully but certainly not demurely. “Ruth Pennebaker is sitting on the patio of Zocalo Café in Clarksville, taking in the campechana seafood cocktail served in a martini […]
“As you may have seen, I have skin cancer, the deadliest kind…” The rest of the message became a blur as I physically reacted to this news from my client turned friend Caroline McEntee. How does this happen to such a vibrant woman who I saw go through a style and confidence transformation that showed […]
That’s the question printed on the canvas tote I received at the Lucky Brand event featuring style guru Tim Gunn Saturday. Barton Creek Mall was packed with fans and Tim gave them exactly what they wanted: plenty of face time and personal interaction. I have to admit that I acted a bit like a school […]
I couldn’t wait to meet Ross Bennett of NBC’s Fashion Star at the UT Club’s special viewing of the show’s fifth episode last night. We talked on the phone last week, and he is personable and enthusiastic. Face-to-face, he doesn’t disappoint. Ross greeted folks with a genuine charm, while his wife Erin sported a pair […]
If you love the hit show Fashion Star on NBC, you’re in for a treat. Austin’s own Ross Bennett will be appearing at the University of Texas Club on April 10, 2012 for a special viewing of the show with free munchies and 2 free drink tickets. Can’t make it? I’ll be interviewing him with a […]
Gentlemen (yes, this is for the guys), Most women who seek my services include “get a serious boyfriend” or “find love” or “keep my spouse attracted to me” in their list of life goals. Not style goals, LIFE goals! That means you men are a large part of the equation in women’s complicated styling decisions. […]
One of the most important aspects of Signature Styling is creating an image that speaks to who you are and where you’re going. Your style must be true to your personality rather than imitating someone else or dressing in a manner that you think other people like or expect. If you fake it, people eventually […]
My friend Lea Eiseman is the Pantone guru who trends seasonal colors. It’s all about tangerine this spring– if it matches your personal color palette! http://ow.ly/8ADjU
When you sign up for one of my style programs, you’ll learn many things about your body architecture, including what is referred to as your “body type” or body shape. It’s a major factor in determining how to put together flattering outfit. Much to my surprise, I found out that your body type can also […]
Join thousands of women who
subscribe to Thea’s newsletter
and follow her on social media.
Get The Newsletter
Find articles with keyword:
Thea gently pushes me out of my comfort zone so I experiment with new things that always look fabulous. She is brave and kind when she lets me know what looks best and when I can do better. I have excellent shoes and accessories from her suggestions.http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
Thea has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She reaches you with a seamless blend of professionalism and warmth. Her passion for style is visibly apparent...http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
- How “Spotlighting” Derails Improving Your Personal Image May 21, 2018
- How To Own Your Personal Space (Even If Tony Robbins Comes At You) April 25, 2018
- What is Your Style Profile? – Read This If You Don’t Know April 3, 2018
- 5 Spring 2018 Accessories Trends from Neiman Marcus March 19, 2018
- How to Wear Leopard Print – From Work to Rock Star March 3, 2018
- 10 Affordable Ways to Update Your Style for 2018 January 9, 2018
- Why I Decided to Get a Hysterectomy January 4, 2014
- 18 Cool Comfort Shoes & How To Style Them May 26, 2015
- How To Avoid 5 Yoga Pants Fails February 12, 2015
- Airplane Etiquette 2017 – How To Fly Friendlier Skies November 2, 2017
- Thea Wood: Click the calendar link to see if there are any vi...
- Thea Wood: So glad you like it! Feel free share it with othe...
- Thea Wood: You are on to something! Red is a fantastic power ...
- Thea Wood: You are on the right track!...
- Deanna: Is this still available?...