As part of Bathing Beauty month, today’s post focuses on women who are trying to minimize their tummies. Use these strategies when choosing a bathing suit. If you like the suits featured, click on the photo and buy it right here, right now.
1. The best way to hide a feature is to draw attention to another feature. Create a focal point above the waistline and/or on the feet. Lighter colors, embellishments, and prints do the trick.
2. Choose darker suit colors through the mid-section, which makes the area recede. This means that the uncovered skin like legs and chest will grab more attention.
3. Slimming fabrics like MiracleSuit act like shapewear as they pull in and smooth the tummy. Likewise, the bra support should be heavy duty – girls “up and out” create a more flattering silhouette. Avoid baby doll tops that can make you look pregnant.
4. Prints can hide imperfections. Choose vertical prints, which elongate and slim the torso. An alternative is ruched fabric but only if it doesn’t add extra bulk to the mid-section.
5. Go for tank straps versus spaghetti or halter options. They broaden the shoulder which balances out a wider tummy.
Here are some great examples to get you started. If you have any other swimsuit questions or would like to learn more about how to create a Signature Style that says who you are and where you’re going, please contact me.
Thea Wood Austin’s Signature Stylist 512.217.9869 Because You’re Going Places Keywords: austin, thea wood, signature style, personal style, personal stylist, personal shopper, swimsuit tips, middle heavy, hide stomach, Nordstrom, tankini, bikini, one-piece, color expert, hide tummy