A powerful personal brand requires more than just dressing the part. These style tips pertain to the visual message you present to the world. I call it your Signature Style. Remember, employers, clients, even love interests are searching your name on Google to get a full picture of who you appear to be on a […]
Last night, Audrey and I were excited to host #SheSparkChat on Twitter and our special guest Penny Kjellberg, co-founder of Simone France. You may remember the SheSpark interview with her revealing French Women’s Beauty Secrets that really help over 40 skin. New York-based celebs have consulted Penny and her team for years, so I’m thrilled that she took the time to answer […]
Every issue of SheSpark touches on topics that concern women over 40. And sex appeal is no exception. We all want to look and feel desirable to our mates, partners, dates, sometimes even strangers. What’s a middle-aged woman to do? SheSpark’s August issue offers straight talk from a starlet, a scholar, and a stripper (all […]
As part of the interview series for SheSpark’s August issue #KeepingItHot, I talked with author and speaker Susan Bremer O’Neill. At age 35, she left her career as a scientist and started stripping. The experience changed her life for the better and gave her a unique perspective on sex appeal at any age. Here is the full […]
As I integrated the last handful of small changes that Jenna Wolfe outlines in her “Thinner In 30” book, three things occurred to me: I’ve accomplished more in the past month in diet and exercise than I have in the past year. I was a flabby, dehydrated mess four weeks ago. Scales lie. According to my Fitbit, […]
After the major setback and rebound experienced in Week 2, I hit the ground running (literally) in Week 3 of my “Thinner In 30 Challenge” designed by fitness guru and over-40 sister Jenna Wolfe. Let me preface this post by saying I’m feeling pretty damn strong compared to three weeks ago. Here’s the update… […]
My mother and I didn’t see eye-to-eye when it came to my fashion sense for many years— especially after my freshman year in high school. Examples that come to mind: Sent to my room to change: For trying to sneak out to school wearing a see-through mesh top a la Madonna. Note: This was not […]
The most frustrating part about not being able to treat menopause is that most doctors say: “All tests indicate you’re fine.” “Synthetic hormones are your best option.” “This is natural, just grin and bear it.” In The Menopause Cure, Hormonal Health, author Jill D. Davey tackles the menopause bull by the horns and debunks the myths, […]
Most New Year resolutions focus on goals or activities designed to make us look and feel better about ourselves. And no wonder! There are a lot of impossible standards that women (especially #over40) feel the need to conquer. But there’s no need to turn to risky procedures or money-wasting trends and gimmicks. Below are the […]
Signature Styling Changed My Life
Get The Newsletter
Find articles with keyword:
Thea gently pushes me out of my comfort zone so I experiment with new things that always look fabulous. She is brave and kind when she lets me know what looks best and when I can do better. I have excellent shoes and accessories from her suggestions.http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
Thea has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She reaches you with a seamless blend of professionalism and warmth. Her passion for style is visibly apparent...http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
- 2017 Fall Fashion Trends and Style Tips Over-40 Style October 16, 2017
- 2017 Packing Tips For Santa Fe, NM August 21, 2017
- Dillard’s Steps Into the Designer Vintage Handbags Market August 17, 2017
- 2017 Summer Fashion Trends: Black & White Done Right June 20, 2017
- Style Tips For Powerful Personal Branding May 2, 2017
- How To Avoid 5 Yoga Pants Fails February 12, 2015
- 18 Cool Comfort Shoes & How To Style Them May 26, 2015
- Why I Decided to Get a Hysterectomy January 4, 2014
- Greece Packing Tips & Lookbooks – Over 40 Style September 26, 2016
- Over-40 Style: How To Wear Off-The-Shoulder Trend May 31, 2016
- Thea Wood: The stories are truly heart breaking. Rajee thank...
- Donna: I had no idea the back stories are so sad. Thank y...
- jonet wooten: What a fun and inspirational post. Who doesn't w...
- Thea Wood: The compliments when I wear them totally boost my ...
- Thea Wood: Glad you like them and thanks for sharing!!...