I can’t believe the 2nd Annual SheSpark Holiday Gift Guide, featuring the best holiday gift ideas for women over 40, is LIVE. The 2015 guide was the very first issue of SheSpark that was met with such positive feedback that Audrey Stefanik and I decided to start a monthly digital magazine. The birth of SheSpark! READ IT […]
We’ve all said it: “I wish my style were like [fill in the blank].” Common names that my clients fill in are Jennifer Aniston, Kerry Washington (more specifically her character Olivia Pope from Scandal), and Meryl Streep. So what is it about these women and other over 40 style muses that we want to emulate? […]
The June issue of SheSpark is HOT! A new perception of beautiful is gaining momentum, and it has nothing to do with waif-like body types or heroin chic. “Strong Is The New Sexy” these days, and our tribe certainly personifies strong in every way. Top health and fitness guru Jenna Wolfe talks to us about her new […]
As I integrated the last handful of small changes that Jenna Wolfe outlines in her “Thinner In 30” book, three things occurred to me: I’ve accomplished more in the past month in diet and exercise than I have in the past year. I was a flabby, dehydrated mess four weeks ago. Scales lie. According to my Fitbit, […]
My over-40 body holds onto weight like my son holds onto his iPad: with great tenacity. After my hysterectomy in October 2013, post-op side effects, scar tissue, and digestive issues plagued me, resulting in weight gain and muscle loss. A previously “easy” 3-mile run resulted in UTI symptoms for days afterward, though tests always came up negative. […]
My mother and I didn’t see eye-to-eye when it came to my fashion sense for many years— especially after my freshman year in high school. Examples that come to mind: Sent to my room to change: For trying to sneak out to school wearing a see-through mesh top a la Madonna. Note: This was not […]
Are you overly stressed at work? Is decision-making a burden? Do you crave tranquility? Before you grab your pill box, try minimalist fashion as the antidote. A term for architecture stripped down to its essential quality and simplicity, minimalism can be a tool for getting “centered” in mind and spirit. Here are a few tips […]
Fox News Magazine asked me to comment on Blake Lively, who claims she is “self” styled. Her definition of “self” styled is a bit different than mine (as you will read in this entertaining yet informative article by Stephanie Nolasco). No matter what, this lady knows how to work it on and off the red […]
Are your legs your best feature? Do you buy a size or two higher in tops than you do in pants? Do you run away from tops and jackets with shoulder pads? You’re probably an inverted triangle body type. Here are some tips for buying lingerie that will create a flattering and sexy look for […]
Kim Childress (45) lives in Lansing, Michigan and is a children’s book editor. With a cocktail of uterine problems plaguing her since age 22, she underwent not one, but two surgeries. Being a close college friend, Kim contacted me when the decision to get a hysterectomy was upon her. It was a very emotional conversation, […]
Thea and life mastery coach Stephanie Puente share strategic and effective ways to attracting Mr. Right (or kicking long-term relationship blues) with this online, interactive course.
Get The Newsletter
Find articles with keyword:
Thea has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She reaches you with a seamless blend of professionalism and warmth. Her passion for style is visibly apparent...http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
Thea gently pushes me out of my comfort zone so I experiment with new things that always look fabulous. She is brave and kind when she lets me know what looks best and when I can do better. I have excellent shoes and accessories from her suggestions.http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
- How To Succeed In A Male-Dominated Workplace– w/o Losing Your Femininity August 18, 2018
- Style Swap: Trade In Your Style Rut For These 2018 Euro Street Trends July 23, 2018
- How “Spotlighting” Derails Improving Your Personal Image May 21, 2018
- How To Own Your Personal Space (Even If Tony Robbins Comes At You) April 25, 2018
- What is Your Style Profile? – Read This If You Don’t Know April 3, 2018
- 10 Affordable Ways to Update Your Style for 2018 January 9, 2018
- 18 Cool Comfort Shoes & How To Style Them May 26, 2015
- How To Avoid 5 Yoga Pants Fails February 12, 2015
- Why I Decided to Get a Hysterectomy January 4, 2014
- Airplane Etiquette 2017 – How To Fly Friendlier Skies November 2, 2017
- Thea Wood: Yes, they were! And some sites still call them tha...
- dM: Love this article !! I was always on the “shoul...
- Thea Wood: Not that I'm aware of at this time. Check the li...
- Mary Williams: Can you order online?...
- Thea Wood: 19 best selling books? That's amazing!...