My over-40 body holds onto weight like my son holds onto his iPad: with great tenacity. After my hysterectomy in October 2013, post-op side effects, scar tissue, and digestive issues plagued me, resulting in weight gain and muscle loss. A previously “easy” 3-mile run resulted in UTI symptoms for days afterward, though tests always came up negative. […]
Nutritionist Dawn Aubrey guided me through a body boost program when I wasn’t making progress in recovering from my hysterectomy. Women experience many symptoms post-op, so we talked about some of the most common challenges, causes and nutritional solutions. Acupuncture is a very effective supplement and between the two strategies, my healing process accellerated and […]
Kim Childress (45) lives in Lansing, Michigan and is a children’s book editor. With a cocktail of uterine problems plaguing her since age 22, she underwent not one, but two surgeries. Being a close college friend, Kim contacted me when the decision to get a hysterectomy was upon her. It was a very emotional conversation, […]
Kim Brownsberger McMahon, 43, is a mother of two boys living in Denver, CO. I’ve known her since 1987 and never knew about the pain she suffered her entire adult life due to severe endometriosis. She is surviving her hysterectomy and facing a new set of health challenges. Here is her story: My decision […]
Linda Jennings was born and raised in Austin, TX. At the age of 64, she was diagnosed with uterine cancer and her doctor suggested a radical hysterectomy along with cancer treatment. Little did she know how it would impact her image. Here is her story. I was diagnosed early November 2012. Had a complete […]
Part I of “Surviving Hysterectomy With Style” series My first period started when I was 10 years old. I took a time out from playing with my friends (literally, we were playing Capture The Flag) only to find a horrifying “gift” from Mother Nature when it was time to wipe. My reaction was that of […]
Thea and life mastery coach Stephanie Puente share strategic and effective ways to attracting Mr. Right (or kicking long-term relationship blues) with this online, interactive course.
Get The Newsletter
Find articles with keyword:
Thea gently pushes me out of my comfort zone so I experiment with new things that always look fabulous. She is brave and kind when she lets me know what looks best and when I can do better. I have excellent shoes and accessories from her suggestions.http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
Thea has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She reaches you with a seamless blend of professionalism and warmth. Her passion for style is visibly apparent...http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
- How To Succeed In A Male-Dominated Workplace– w/o Losing Your Femininity August 18, 2018
- Style Swap: Trade In Your Style Rut For These 2018 Euro Street Trends July 23, 2018
- How “Spotlighting” Derails Improving Your Personal Image May 21, 2018
- How To Own Your Personal Space (Even If Tony Robbins Comes At You) April 25, 2018
- What is Your Style Profile? – Read This If You Don’t Know April 3, 2018
- 10 Affordable Ways to Update Your Style for 2018 January 9, 2018
- 18 Cool Comfort Shoes & How To Style Them May 26, 2015
- How To Avoid 5 Yoga Pants Fails February 12, 2015
- Why I Decided to Get a Hysterectomy January 4, 2014
- Airplane Etiquette 2017 – How To Fly Friendlier Skies November 2, 2017
- Thea Wood: Yes, they were! And some sites still call them tha...
- dM: Love this article !! I was always on the “shoul...
- Thea Wood: Not that I'm aware of at this time. Check the li...
- Mary Williams: Can you order online?...
- Thea Wood: 19 best selling books? That's amazing!...