It’s no secret that I don’t have the body I had 20 years ago. My abs were my best asset, and I loved to show them off in crop tops and low-rise jeans. Pregnancy, a hysterectomy, and age changed the landscape– so to speak. These changes forced me to re-evaluate my sexy over 40 style strategies […]
We’ve all said it: “I wish my style were like [fill in the blank].” Common names that my clients fill in are Jennifer Aniston, Kerry Washington (more specifically her character Olivia Pope from Scandal), and Meryl Streep. So what is it about these women and other over 40 style muses that we want to emulate? […]
The June issue of SheSpark is HOT! A new perception of beautiful is gaining momentum, and it has nothing to do with waif-like body types or heroin chic. “Strong Is The New Sexy” these days, and our tribe certainly personifies strong in every way. Top health and fitness guru Jenna Wolfe talks to us about her new […]
Donna Karan says “You’re never going to gain weight on your shoulders.” That’s part of the reason why I love the “off-the-shoulder” trend in tops and dresses. Shoulders are sexy without being too revealing. Bare shoulders bring attention up and toward the face — taking the eye away from large thighs or derriere. (Always a plus, […]
As I integrated the last handful of small changes that Jenna Wolfe outlines in her “Thinner In 30” book, three things occurred to me: I’ve accomplished more in the past month in diet and exercise than I have in the past year. I was a flabby, dehydrated mess four weeks ago. Scales lie. According to my Fitbit, […]
My friends at SocialPrintStudio.com are featuring style bloggers and contacted me as a blogger they’d like to feature. So, here are my favorite over-40 outfits that speak to my signature style. I’m 47 years old, 5’5, weigh 10 lbs more than my height/age dictate, and wear a DD cup. I am NOT a model, and […]
The May issue of SheSpark is dedicated to the modern mom. We work hard, we play hard, we shop hard, and we love hard. Just like a mother. READ IT NOW Inside this issue: Style Advice Your Daughter Will Follow A “Thank You” Note to Jimmy Fallon (on behalf of all moms) 35 Casual Outfits […]
My over-40 body holds onto weight like my son holds onto his iPad: with great tenacity. After my hysterectomy in October 2013, post-op side effects, scar tissue, and digestive issues plagued me, resulting in weight gain and muscle loss. A previously “easy” 3-mile run resulted in UTI symptoms for days afterward, though tests always came up negative. […]
My mother and I didn’t see eye-to-eye when it came to my fashion sense for many years— especially after my freshman year in high school. Examples that come to mind: Sent to my room to change: For trying to sneak out to school wearing a see-through mesh top a la Madonna. Note: This was not […]
Join thousands of women who
subscribe to Thea’s newsletter
and follow her on social media.
Get The Newsletter
Find articles with keyword:
Thea has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She reaches you with a seamless blend of professionalism and warmth. Her passion for style is visibly apparent...http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
Thea gently pushes me out of my comfort zone so I experiment with new things that always look fabulous. She is brave and kind when she lets me know what looks best and when I can do better. I have excellent shoes and accessories from her suggestions.http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
- How “Spotlighting” Derails Improving Your Personal Image May 21, 2018
- How To Own Your Personal Space (Even If Tony Robbins Comes At You) April 25, 2018
- What is Your Style Profile? – Read This If You Don’t Know April 3, 2018
- 5 Spring 2018 Accessories Trends from Neiman Marcus March 19, 2018
- How to Wear Leopard Print – From Work to Rock Star March 3, 2018
- 10 Affordable Ways to Update Your Style for 2018 January 9, 2018
- Why I Decided to Get a Hysterectomy January 4, 2014
- 18 Cool Comfort Shoes & How To Style Them May 26, 2015
- How To Avoid 5 Yoga Pants Fails February 12, 2015
- Airplane Etiquette 2017 – How To Fly Friendlier Skies November 2, 2017
- Thea Wood: Click the calendar link to see if there are any vi...
- Thea Wood: So glad you like it! Feel free share it with othe...
- Thea Wood: You are on to something! Red is a fantastic power ...
- Thea Wood: You are on the right track!...
- Deanna: Is this still available?...