Summer Fashion color trends are tough for me. I have olive skin, dark brown hair, and hazel eyes. My optimal palette involves rich jewel and earth tones that you see in Fall runway collections but rarely at a July pool party. Pistachio, bubble gum pink, and sky blue tend to make me look muddy (like I […]
A powerful personal brand requires more than just dressing the part. These style tips pertain to the visual message you present to the world. I call it your Signature Style. Remember, employers, clients, even love interests are searching your name on Google to get a full picture of who you appear to be on a […]
For years, one-piece swimsuits made a strong fashion statement: “Don’t look at me!” One-piece swimsuits came in an array of dark, solid colors and unremarkably conservative cuts designed to avoid attracting attention. Yet swimsuits of any kind (bikini, tankini, or one-piece) really leave little to the imagination, so the idea of hiding in one is a […]
Let’s start off 2017 with favorite accessories trends that will spark compliments at the office AND the rooftop party. Purchases made through this web site may result in an affiliate commission paid to Thea. Chunky Heels Chunky heels are MADE for walking! No more tip-toeing around deck parties in stilettos. These are all-day/all-night shoes that scream […]
Look professional and cool with these Fall fashion trends for the office that visually state “I mean business.” These are over-40 style friendly and available through lookbooks designed to save you shopping time. Buy those that work best for your unique signature style! Velvet jackets. Choose rich colors and match with a pencil skirt or […]
Donna Karan says “You’re never going to gain weight on your shoulders.” That’s part of the reason why I love the “off-the-shoulder” trend in tops and dresses. Shoulders are sexy without being too revealing. Bare shoulders bring attention up and toward the face — taking the eye away from large thighs or derriere. (Always a plus, […]
Spring Break is America’s casual cousin to Europe’s resort season. Women venture off to a new locale for much deserved R&R. Whether it’s a sunny beach, an island cruise, or mountain ski resort, we still want to look our best with minimal effort. These three lookbooks have something for every budget. Feel free to make comments, […]
Are you in a “black rut” when it comes to party dresses? If so, you’re not the only one. It’s the #1 complaint from my clients. My friend Rosy, a self-proclaimed black clothing addict, jumped out of her comfort zone and wore a flattering blue floral dress and purple pashmina to her office holiday party. She received a shower of […]
My two favorite passions: Fashion and music. Especially rolled into one. To my absolute delight, the Grammy Museum in L.A. mixes them like DJ Mia Moretti, and I got a big taste of it a couple of weeks ago. The famous outfits and statement pieces are just as memorable as the songs themselves thanks mostly to mass […]
Signature Styling Changed My Life
Get The Newsletter
Find articles with keyword:
Thea gently pushes me out of my comfort zone so I experiment with new things that always look fabulous. She is brave and kind when she lets me know what looks best and when I can do better. I have excellent shoes and accessories from her suggestions.http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
Thea has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She reaches you with a seamless blend of professionalism and warmth. Her passion for style is visibly apparent...http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
- 2017 Summer Fashion Trends: Black & White Done Right June 20, 2017
- Style Tips For Powerful Personal Branding May 2, 2017
- Fanny Pack Alternative: Thank God For HipsSister April 17, 2017
- 5 Fashion Rules Worth Breaking – Over 40 Style April 11, 2017
- One-Piece Swimsuits – Trending Designs March 2, 2017
- Why I Decided to Get a Hysterectomy January 4, 2014
- How To Avoid 5 Yoga Pants Fails February 12, 2015
- 18 Cool Comfort Shoes & How To Style Them May 26, 2015
- Greece Packing Tips & Lookbooks – Over 40 Style September 26, 2016
- Over-40 Style: How To Wear Off-The-Shoulder Trend May 31, 2016
- jonet wooten: What a fun and inspirational post. Who doesn't w...
- Thea Wood: The compliments when I wear them totally boost my ...
- Thea Wood: Glad you like them and thanks for sharing!!...
- Jessie: Pinned! Love the music note ones....
- Shopgirl Anonymous: Love that dandelion stocking! Gorgeous!...