The theme for SheSpark’s August issue is #KeepingItHot. The magazine explores sex appeal when entering (and surpassing) middle age. Sex educator and author Walker Thornton took time to answer questions on the topic. Below is the full interview. Enjoy! THEA: Your book Inviting Desire is written for midlife women who want to enhance their sex lives. It […]
As I integrated the last handful of small changes that Jenna Wolfe outlines in her “Thinner In 30” book, three things occurred to me: I’ve accomplished more in the past month in diet and exercise than I have in the past year. I was a flabby, dehydrated mess four weeks ago. Scales lie. According to my Fitbit, […]
Every day is “Fat Tuesday” in New Orleans. Now, I was pretty pumped about last weekend’s trip. I packed Jenna Wolfe’s book “Thinner In 30” so I could stay on track. In case you missed it, I challenged myself to Jenna’s workout plan– you can read Week 1 here. This in itself is a testament to […]
My friends at SocialPrintStudio.com are featuring style bloggers and contacted me as a blogger they’d like to feature. So, here are my favorite over-40 outfits that speak to my signature style. I’m 47 years old, 5’5, weigh 10 lbs more than my height/age dictate, and wear a DD cup. I am NOT a model, and […]
My over-40 body holds onto weight like my son holds onto his iPad: with great tenacity. After my hysterectomy in October 2013, post-op side effects, scar tissue, and digestive issues plagued me, resulting in weight gain and muscle loss. A previously “easy” 3-mile run resulted in UTI symptoms for days afterward, though tests always came up negative. […]
My mother and I didn’t see eye-to-eye when it came to my fashion sense for many years— especially after my freshman year in high school. Examples that come to mind: Sent to my room to change: For trying to sneak out to school wearing a see-through mesh top a la Madonna. Note: This was not […]
Earth Day is on Friday, April 22nd. But we don’t have to wait to start making small changes with big impact on Mother Earth in our style and beauty choices. Did you know that the fashion industry is the second biggest world polluter behind oil and gas? And one pair of jeans costs 2,900 gallons […]
The April “Force Of Nature” issue of SheSpark is dedicated to Mother Nature and how she plays into our style, beauty, and wellness decisions as over-40 women. As we age, we support causes that reflect our values. By purchasing eco-friendly products and supporting small business (like buying from our advertisers), we feel good as consumers […]
As a college student in the 1980’s, I remember when Earth Day was all about recycling beer tabs, turning off water while brushing your teeth, and rolling down the car windows instead of using A/C. No one ever told me that the 10 pairs of jeans I bought cost 29,000 gallons of water to produce. […]
Thea and life mastery coach Stephanie Puente share strategic and effective ways to attracting Mr. Right (or kicking long-term relationship blues) with this online, interactive course.
Get The Newsletter
Find articles with keyword:
Thea has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She reaches you with a seamless blend of professionalism and warmth. Her passion for style is visibly apparent...http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
Thea gently pushes me out of my comfort zone so I experiment with new things that always look fabulous. She is brave and kind when she lets me know what looks best and when I can do better. I have excellent shoes and accessories from her suggestions.http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
- How To Succeed In A Male-Dominated Workplace– w/o Losing Your Femininity August 18, 2018
- Style Swap: Trade In Your Style Rut For These 2018 Euro Street Trends July 23, 2018
- How “Spotlighting” Derails Improving Your Personal Image May 21, 2018
- How To Own Your Personal Space (Even If Tony Robbins Comes At You) April 25, 2018
- What is Your Style Profile? – Read This If You Don’t Know April 3, 2018
- 10 Affordable Ways to Update Your Style for 2018 January 9, 2018
- 18 Cool Comfort Shoes & How To Style Them May 26, 2015
- How To Avoid 5 Yoga Pants Fails February 12, 2015
- Why I Decided to Get a Hysterectomy January 4, 2014
- Airplane Etiquette 2017 – How To Fly Friendlier Skies November 2, 2017
- Thea Wood: Yes, they were! And some sites still call them tha...
- dM: Love this article !! I was always on the “shoul...
- Thea Wood: Not that I'm aware of at this time. Check the li...
- Mary Williams: Can you order online?...
- Thea Wood: 19 best selling books? That's amazing!...