Are you in a “black rut” when it comes to party dresses? If so, you’re not the only one. It’s the #1 complaint from my clients. My friend Rosy, a self-proclaimed black clothing addict, jumped out of her comfort zone and wore a flattering blue floral dress and purple pashmina to her office holiday party. She received a shower of […]
Us #Over40 ladies can be a tough crowd to shop for over the holidays. So here are three tips for choosing stylish gifts that bust myths we hear every day. MYTH: “She has everything already!” REALITY: I can’t think of anyone who really has everything. This is when it’s time to find customized pieces like […]
Are you overly stressed at work? Is decision-making a burden? Do you crave tranquility? Before you grab your pill box, try minimalist fashion as the antidote. A term for architecture stripped down to its essential quality and simplicity, minimalism can be a tool for getting “centered” in mind and spirit. Here are a few tips […]
My two favorite passions: Fashion and music. Especially rolled into one. To my absolute delight, the Grammy Museum in L.A. mixes them like DJ Mia Moretti, and I got a big taste of it a couple of weeks ago. The famous outfits and statement pieces are just as memorable as the songs themselves thanks mostly to mass […]
As you know, I have a beef with yoga pants. Sure, there are women who can rock them, but I see too many yoga pants fails on a daily basis to brave them except to yoga class– and then only with serious strategizing. My favorite alternative?? The ActiveWear Dress The activewear dress is a […]
I could just say “pack black” and be done with this whole post. But that just wouldn’t be my style, literally and figuratively. I own one casual black dress and one black cocktail dress and reserve them for cool weather nights. Black isn’t my daytime neutral, and it absorbs the Texas heat like an egg […]
Despite what fashion magazines may say, certain styles just aren’t designed for outdoor marathon music festivals. Amanda Salinas (@AmandaOnFox7) and I talk chic alternatives for sunny and rainy days. No wardrobe malfunctions here! You can buy all these looks from Dillard’s Barton Creek Square Mall. CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO If you’re ready to […]
“The thought of wearing most of the shoes in this post makes me want to cry,” Audrey (@cremescometrue) lamented. She was right. The “comfort shoes” featured in a blog for #Over40 women depicted a geriatric catalog called “Giving Up.” I’m no stranger to foot problems or knee problems. Years of wearing 3 inch(+) heels all […]
Thea and life mastery coach Stephanie Puente share strategic and effective ways to attracting Mr. Right (or kicking long-term relationship blues) with this online, interactive course.
Get The Newsletter
Find articles with keyword:
Thea has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She reaches you with a seamless blend of professionalism and warmth. Her passion for style is visibly apparent...http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
Thea gently pushes me out of my comfort zone so I experiment with new things that always look fabulous. She is brave and kind when she lets me know what looks best and when I can do better. I have excellent shoes and accessories from her suggestions.http://www.yelp.com/biz/thea-wood-austin →
- How To Succeed In A Male-Dominated Workplace– w/o Losing Your Femininity August 18, 2018
- Style Swap: Trade In Your Style Rut For These 2018 Euro Street Trends July 23, 2018
- How “Spotlighting” Derails Improving Your Personal Image May 21, 2018
- How To Own Your Personal Space (Even If Tony Robbins Comes At You) April 25, 2018
- What is Your Style Profile? – Read This If You Don’t Know April 3, 2018
- 10 Affordable Ways to Update Your Style for 2018 January 9, 2018
- 18 Cool Comfort Shoes & How To Style Them May 26, 2015
- How To Avoid 5 Yoga Pants Fails February 12, 2015
- Why I Decided to Get a Hysterectomy January 4, 2014
- Airplane Etiquette 2017 – How To Fly Friendlier Skies November 2, 2017
- Thea Wood: Yes, they were! And some sites still call them tha...
- dM: Love this article !! I was always on the “shoul...
- Thea Wood: Not that I'm aware of at this time. Check the li...
- Mary Williams: Can you order online?...
- Thea Wood: 19 best selling books? That's amazing!...